Every first Monday of September, America honors its workers with the celebration of Labor Day.
A tradition that started in the late 19th century as a form of recognizing the efforts of workers in making America great, Labor Day is one of the most anticipated events of the year with almost every American looking to plan an epic event with family and friends.
If you’re hosting a Labor Day party this year, here are some tips and tricks that you can use:
Choose your theme.
- While this is obviously a Labor Day event, you can still choose between an all-white or American-themed party. Include this detail in your Save the Date card to ensure cohesiveness during your party and keep guests from guessing what they should wear for the event.
Prep your place.
- Whether you’re throwing a huge event or a simple celebration at home, you can’t forget about prepping your venue beforehand. Aside from the traditional flags and red, white, and blue décor, you can also add a refreshing element to your place with short term plant rental Orlando where you get to choose different kinds of plants to spruce up your venue.
Build your menu.
- Labor Day is also the official end of summer. So, before the weather gets cold, take this opportunity to create a menu that’s centered around barbeque and summer produce. Classic menu options include grilled meat, steak, hamburgers, and vegetable salads. You can also prepare fruit salads, sundaes, and desserts to complete your party food.
Get your drinks in order.
- Of course, no party would be complete without some cocktails. For your Labor Day event, you can create summer-inspired drinks like sangria, froze, lemonade, and a ginger citrus Aperol spritz. You can also offer mocktails for guests who don’t drink alcohol to make sure that everyone enjoys your event.
Think about activities.
- While your guests will already have a great time striking up conversations and eating good food, you still need to plan activities that will make your Labor Day party more memorable and enjoyable for everyone. If you have the budget, you can hire a musician or DJ to offer entertainment during your event. You can also organize activities like games, sports and even crafting stations, especially when you have kids as your guests.
There’s a lot that you can do to make your party memorable, so make sure to organize everything beforehand to avoid stress during the event itself.
Labor Day is a great excuse to put together a party that you, your family, and your friends can enjoy to not only treat yourselves for the hard work that you’ve done but also to celebrate the official end of summer.
Make the proper preparations for your place so you have the right ambiance during the party. Short term plant rental Orlando is one of the easiest ways to create summer vibes in your venue and not have to worry about spending on décor that you’ll just throw away after.
To get access to great short term plant rental Orlando, click here!
Proudly Serving Central Florida and The Greater Orlando Areas: Orlando, Altamonte Springs, Apopka, Baytree, Cassleberry, Celebration, Champion’s Gate, Davenport, Isleworth, Kissimmee, Maitland, Ocoee, Oviedo, Reunion, Sanford, Windermere, Winter Garden, Winterpark, and Winter Springs